Students enrolled at Montgomery Christian School are expected to follow the precepts of I Timothy 4:12 in respect to dress and grooming. “Let no man look down on your youthfulness, but rather in speech, conduct, love, faith and purity, show yourself an example of those who believe.” We know that the Bible does not say precisely what kind of clothes to wear but it does give guidelines to follow when it comes to conduct and appearance.
In all areas of appearance – clothes and hairstyle – students should look neat and natural (including hair color) with emphasis on cleanliness and modesty. These ingredients are encouraged.
In order to minimize problems in the area of dress code, children at Montgomery Christian School are required to wear uniforms. We believe that students will be proud to be associated with this school and will understand the importance of being good representatives of God, home and school.
- Students will dress in conformance with their biological sex as indicated on their birth certificate.
- No blue jeans are permitted unless requested by the teacher.
- All shirts, pants, shorts, skorts, and skirts must fit well and not be oversized or undersized. All students must wear a simple belt.
- Khaki pants, skirts, skorts, shorts, or jumpers are acceptable.
- Three-buttoned golf shirt in white or navy is the uniform shirt.
- All shirts must be tucked in at all times.
- Students may only wear a white under-shirt under the uniform shirt.
- All clothing must be hemmed. No cut-offs or rolled-up cuffs. Cuffs must be tailored and tacked/sewn at the seams.
- Sturdy shoes, tennis shoes or dress shoes may be worn. Socks must be worn at all times.
- Hair accessories or jewelry must be modest in size and appearance.
- Hairstyles must be neat. Radical hairstyles, including but not limited to unusal colors, spikes, tails, or shaves are not allowed.
- Earrings are to be worn by girls only.
- Removable tattoos or other body drawing should not be worn.
- Only a lightweight sweater or jacket in school colors may be worn during the day. No other jacket or sweater will be permitted to be worn all day.
In general, it is the policy of the school to prohibit any student hair style, dress style, make-up or jewelry that presents a distraction at school or danger to student’s health and safety. All final decisions regarding appropriate student dress are up to the discretion of the administration.
STUDENTS WHO ARRIVE AT SCHOOL NOT IN UNIFORM WILL RECEIVE A WARNING. IN THE EVENT OF A SECOND APPEARANCE NOT WEARING THE SCHOOL UNIFORM, THE STUDENT WILL BE SENT HOME.
We also sell Montgomery Christian School clothing. We offer a short sleeve shirt, long sleeve shirt and a lightweight hooded sweatshirt jacket.